This is what GenerationS says about them and their partnership with us:
GenerationS is working on developing a global corporate innovation platform, and we are looking forward to cooperate with 5-HT Digital Hub. This cooperation will contribute an expert and mentor community, and lay the foundation of joint corporate acceleration programs and additional opportunities for German startups in Russia and Russian startups in Germany.Ekaterina Petrova, Managing Director of GenerationS
How would you describe the GenerationS ecosystem?
GenerationS is a platform to develop corporate innovations; the major corporate accelerator in Russia and CIS. It was founded by Russian Venture Company in 2013.
GenerationS implements corporate innovation development programs: internal corporate programs on development of internal entrepreneurship; acceleration programs on scouting and acceleration of internal projects; international programs on training employees in methods of building up and introduction of innovations on the basis of leading corporations.
The accelerator’s infrastructure comprises over 15,000 startups of 30 countries, 400 corporate and ecosystem partners now. In 2018, GenerationS became the first Russian accelerator accredited by the Global Accelerator Network (GAN) created by TechStars and the best corporate accelerator in Europe by the CorporateStartupSummit award.
What programs does GenerationS offer for startups?
During the acceleration program, teams have an opportunity to elaborate their product, test a business model and work on a pilot project with corporation with a possibility to scale up globally quickly.
Intensive corporate accelerator programs consist of industrial and business parts, during which Russian and foreign experts carry out their lectures, trainings, and master classes. In addition, visits to industrial partners’ production facilities, special trainings on key issues of technological business development are held during accelerators.
At the end of each accelerator, a Demo Day is held where startups demonstrate their work results to experts. The decision on the format of further work with the project is made after presentation with final results of piloting the product with the corporation.
Could you share a success story of GenerationS?
We are very proud of the following successes:
- In 2019 GenerationS became one of the Top 5 World Top Public Business Accelerators according to UBI Global
- The best corporate accelerator in Europe according to Corporate Startup Summit 2018
- The first Russian accelerator in the Global Accelerator Network (GAN)
- 40 mln $ total volume investment in alumni
What benefits do you expect from a partnership between GenerationS with Digital Hub Mannheim/Ludwigshafen?
- Joint promotion of acceleration programs
- Expert and mentor community enrichment
- Startups from the Digital Hub Mannheim/Ludwigshafen can gain access to the Russian ecosystem and also participate in challenges, access to the corporates
- Startups from Russia can gain access to the German chemical and pharma industry